Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yikes! That's Gonna Leave a Mark!

Next time you hear Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" on the radio change "day" to "week" and think of us. We top off the week now with head trauma.

EEWWHH!

It looks worse that it feels. Everyone's asking, "What happened?"
I was slipping in the frozen wasteland of a grocery store parking lot when I took a header into the minivan's back door. I had just placed all the bags in the back and was getting ready to close it when my feet started a slippin' and slidin' blur like Shaggy running away on "Scooby Doo." All the blood freaked out Amy. I came home from the ER with 16 stiches. Tess calls me Franken-Dad.

Amy claims I was trying to top her lovely experience with a kidney stone earlier that day which came with a Vicatin reward. Emma also received a consolation prize of Omnicef for her sinus infection. Poor Tess was the only healthy person in the house.

None of this compares to poor Grandma Weaver with her open-heart surgery and valve replacement. They cracked the lady open like a lobster dinner and let her stay in the hospital from last Wednesday to Monday. They sent her home with Motrin and a pat on the butt.

Please pray we have safer, healthier days ahead.